[Healeys] Healey with seatbelts after accident

robertduquette at sympatico.ca robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Mon May 10 13:36:23 MDT 2010

Have you ever rolled a car?
I have.  I flipped an MGB and landed upside down about 15 feet below road
level.  I was wearing a ( lap and shoulder ) seatbelt with no roll bar and,
while I know all accidents are different and one solution doesn't suit all
circumstances, all I could see was a blur of spinning leaves and my life
flashing before my eyes.  The forces acting on me did not allow for me to do
anything except go for the ride.  I wound up suspended above the ground,
tangled up in the seatbelt.  Just dumb luck, I figure.
I'm not saying that hugging the passenger seat while wearing a seatbelt, isn't
an option in some cases though.  I did just that
here:http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/Bea.htm

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada

1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )

1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )

1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen
)http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg