[Healeys] Healey with seatbelts after accident

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Sun May 9 17:44:55 MDT 2010

Curt, Ray and all,

I DO HAVE SEATBEATS IN BOTH MY HEALEYS AND I WEAR THEM.  The BN7 has an inertia reel 3 pt belt, the BJ8 only lap belts.  Ray stated that laying across the seat was not an option.  I merely expressed disagreement with that as a possibility.  With the inertia reel the shoulder part is loose enough that one could indeed lay across the seats - yes, and that choice would have to be made prior to applying the brake.

I am not saying that it is what I would do if I was aware of an impending front end crash.  I only am stating that I feel it is possible.  Granted with the 4 pt or 5 pt belts the option is not there.

Keith