[Healeys] seat belts

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Fri May 7 08:26:06 MDT 2010

Agreed.
Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Alan Seigrist
Sent: 07 May 2010 14:56
To: Ken Taplin
Cc: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] seat belts

Ken -

A tractor and an Austin Healey are two completely different animals.  I
think you would be very hard pressed, unless you were racing, to flip an
Austin Healey even if you had a failure in the drive train.

With all the metal windows, dash, and a spear for a steering column (of
which I have a friend killed by a solid column when he wasn't wearing his
seatbelt in his Land Rover), I'd have to say yes, on the chance you roll
snake eyes you'll roll over and have a 50/50 shot of getting killed, but
there's the other 35 combinations of two dice which says wearing a seat belt
is probably a good idea for staying alive & keeping your front teeth.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX