[Healeys] Tires redux

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu May 6 01:42:11 MDT 2010

Gary,
Very true, although it is probably not width only but if you go to low
section tires the problem gets worse as well, even on narrow tires.
Another thing is that you have to play around with tire pressures.
Different size tires (even makes) may need a different than standard
tire pressure.
Wider tires on spoked rims does not seem to be a good idea either. Why?
The rims are to narrow and perhaps they flex a bit, thus influencing
road behaviour?
If you want wide tires, fit 6" or 7" wide alloys.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL