[Healeys] bj8 window glass / door rubber seal

andy pole ampole at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 12:33:54 MDT 2010

Guys

Anyone have trouble with the new rubber seal that is clipped to the chrome
top.

I wound down my window yesterday and noticed that as you wind the glass down
the rubber peels down and bend back on it self downwards, this is okay until
the window is wound back up and the rubber graps the glass causing me to break
a nylon runner - doh!

Luckily I still had a nylon block and changed it last night (dam new glass and
rubber seal / u channel was difficult to get off). On reinstalling the window
(without the outer rubber seal and chrome top) it goes up and down like a
dream.

Question : has any one shaved a couple of millimeters off the depth of the
seal so there is not so much pressure on the glass causing it to bind and bend
in on itself? and did it work?

just when I thought I was nearly finished. And thanks Rich C for the help the
karvel carpet and seats do look the dogs do dars (even though I say it
myself).

cheers Andy