[Healeys] Dunlop racing tyres

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sun May 2 07:41:24 MDT 2010

I have used Dunlop 550L-15 racing tyres on a vintage sports racer for years &
am curious about the pros & cons of using them on the street on a replica
rally car (BJ8). I believe their dimensions are appropriate, they are treaded,
they are not a very soft compound by racing standards & I think they would
look very good on street car. I know the tires say for racing only, but I
haven't been able to find out why, yet. FWIW, they are a bias ply tire. Also,
they are expensive, but I am more interested in technical reasons for or
against using them on the street.
Thanks,
Gary Hodson