[Healeys] Brake booster won't release

John & Kerry Rowe jkrowe46 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 28 14:40:37 MST 2010

I had this problem with a PBR VH40 unit fitted to my car. Turned out to be a
split in a rubber boomerang shaped joiner on an external pipe joining both
sides of the diaphragm (typical new rubber !) which caused a vacuum leak. I
don't know what your unit is like but sounds like the same problem. Sounds
like you have a vacuum leak of some sort.
Do you hear a air-releasing sound when you depress the pedal. If not, that
is the problem

John Rowe
 Qld Australia
BN1  BT7