[Healeys] Arghhhhh ...

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 10:57:54 MST 2010

Bob,  Run a 1/8th inch bead around the gasket hole - both sides. Install but
not too tight.You don't want to squish all of the RTV out of the joint.  Wait
24 hours and then tighten the nuts up snugly. After driving the car, snug up
the nuts again. After driving a few more times, check the nuts again. Maybe
even one more time. This should solve your problem.
Hi-temp RTV is exactly the stuff to use.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon