[Healeys] Electrical Short....need help

edic edic at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Mar 28 06:58:25 MST 2010

Paul,

My brake light switch went out and I decided to replace it with a mechanical
switch.  I especially like the feature that I can adjust the brake lights to
come on with the slightest pressure of drepressing the brake pedal. I think
the sooner the brake lights come on the sooner the tailgater can start
stopping. The switch was fairly easy to install except for working in the
foot well and I had to make a small bracket to hold the switch. Drilling a
couple of holes in the foot well was cumbersome, at least for me, and the
retro took some time, but I am happy with the results.

I got the idea for the mechanical switch from Lin Rose's wonderful Healey
restoration site, "THE BLOODY BEAST" AH 3000 MK I, listed under Brakes.  The
picture of the instillation sealed the deal for me as I am visual and I
thought this is something I can do. He also had a picture of the switch and
the company to call to order it. I called Watson's StreetWorks and they were
a pleasure to deal with.  The switch was $22 plus shipping and came within a
few days.

http://web.mac.com/linwoodrose/My_AH_3000_BT7_/Home.html

 My original brake switch is located just beneath the rear horn and I did
not remove it, just added wires to go to the new switch.

This was my experience FWIW.

Mel Brunet

67 BJ8