[Healeys] Brake booster won't release

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 16:48:19 MST 2010

Pat -

Take a very soft mallot and GENTLY tap the vacuum can (you don't want
to dent it) on the flat surface on the front or back, but not on the
curved side.

If the booster releases, you should send it back to Powerbrake and
tell them the foam seal under the leather seal is too big.  Very
common error in the rebuild kits out there,  I usually cut the foam in
half before I install it under the leather seal.

You can do this yourself, it's not a difficult job, but then your
warranty will be invalidated...

Alan