[Healeys] Sound Off

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Wed Mar 24 16:10:13 MST 2010

I have not met Mr. Sims but have visited his site often and found it to be a
wonderful service to the list and the Healey community, had them put it in
the "tech links" section of my local Healey club.

Anyhoo, I have no strong opinion about sound on the site, but I do know that
sometimes volunteers who provide services do not like being yanked around by
those who get the service and sometimes just decide it isn't worth the
trouble.

So I am a little concerned with all the "bring the sound back" requests
which I am sure were meant as well meaning support, but if the conversation
goes on:

Bring the sound back

Bring the sound back

Turn the sound off

Turn the sound off

On

On

On

Off

Off

Off

I hope Mr. Sims does not decide it is too much bother and pulls the plug.

John I am not suggesting you are thin skinned and have no idea if you would
ever do this, but I have seen lots of people who volunteer and provide nice
services and information get tired of nitpickers who are never happy and
simply decide it is not worth the trouble.

Mr. Sims shut the sound off, maybe he didn't really want to, but I would bet
he wants even less to have to deal with the issue over and over again ad
infinitum, lets just keep giving him good information to add to the site and
hope he keeps adding to it and hosting it.  A formula that has served us
well for a number of years.

Greg Lemon