[Healeys] Camshaft removal

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:23:46 MST 2010

Stephen -

Definitely reattach the gear to give you the leverage to spin and pull
the cam.  Once you do that it should come right out.

Ideally the motor should be out of the car and you do this with the
block upside down to guide the cam.

If the motor is in the car you should drop the pan and have someone on
the underside of the car help guide the cam out for you - it is heavy
and you won't be able to keep it smacking the bearings if you do this
by yourself.

I'm trying to recall, can you even pull the cam out with the motor in
the car?  I think you can but I've never done it with motor in situ.

Alan