[Healeys] 100 starter motors

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Tue Mar 23 17:12:22 MST 2010

I've also seen second rate "rebuilds of these. For instance a lot of
resistance can be in play causing poor sluggish performance if the
commutator segments haven't been properly cleaned. Old carbon buuld up in
between the segments can be the problem here, even though the commutator is
bright and shiny and the brushes are good.

Rich