[Healeys] best way to tighten Knock Offs

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Tue Mar 23 09:41:38 MST 2010

I too own one of Charlie Hart's wooden wrenches and swear by it.

In the past I used the Harbor Freight dead blow rubber hammer, but my first one caused damage to my knockoffs. The shot inside is evidently inside a metal canister which has sharp edges facing the hitting surface. After a while the metal tends to poke through the rubber on impact and it put some nicks in my knockoffs.

Originally I had one of the Moss wooden adapters - it disintegrated when one of my knockoffs got stuck.

--
Steve Gerow
BN6