[Healeys] 100 Starter Motor

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Mar 23 06:59:47 MST 2010

Thomas,
Unless you have a very high compression (modified) engine there should
be no need at all for a stronger starter motor. The same motor can crank
an E-type Jaguar.
If it cranks to slow something is amiss (brushes, contacts, solenoid,
battery terminals etc.).
The gear reduction starter motors are in fact much better as they
consume a lot less current and thus can save the battery in the long run.
Kees Oudesluijs