[Healeys] PCV question

Frank Edwards logical2 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 06:41:02 MST 2010

Been reading this string with interest.  I'd like to put a PCV valve on my
BJ7.  Which one do I buy?  Is a valve from a similar displacement engine OK or
is there more to it than that?  I've seen a part number for a Canadian car
parts store but that doesn't help if you don't live in Canada.  What engine or
make and model is this valve for?  I've also seen it called a Type 1 metering
valve.  What is a Type 1 metering valve?

I put one on my 69 Midget and it didn't really seem to do anything but now I
realize why.  I have the rocker cover vented.  I'm going to seal that and see
what ahppens.

Thanks for the help and food for thought.

62  BJ7

61  Bugeye

69  Midget

Frank R. Edwards 570-784-4662 logical2 at hotmail.com