[Healeys] crank case ventilation

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 14:00:07 MST 2010

Hi Michael,

If you mean the non-vented approach pulls more vacuum on the crankcase I agree. But, you're pulling unfiltered air in through other gaps (like around the crankcase seal).

The 'sealed' PCV system works good on our cars, but it's not a PCV 'system' per se. A proper PCV system circulates filtered air through the crankcase, mixes it with blowby and sends it back through the intake manifold.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA