[Healeys] crank case ventilation

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 07:46:27 MST 2010

PCV valves are closed at idle (high vacuum) when the introduction of
extra air would indeed mess up the mixture.  They open at low
vacuum/open throttle when the additional air intake is insignificant.
AFAIK, PCV systems work exactly the same on EFI cars but, yes, the ECU
can fine tune the mixture at all loads.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net