[Healeys] crank case ventilation

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 06:21:07 MST 2010

That type/size filter is usually used on a PCV-fitted car as an intake
filter on a valve cover.

One possible problem with the PCV retrofit on a Healey is the PCV valve
is usually fitted to draw gases through the 'T' fitting on the valve
cover.  An exactly correct PCV installation would have the T fitting
removed and something like this on the valve cover so air would be drawn
in through the valve cover and gases--including blowby and air from
inside the valve cover that gets pulled down the pushrod holes--to be
sucked into the intake manifold (i.e. a truly closed system).

I've considered this for my car but haven't tried it.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net