[Healeys] breather for K&N air filter

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 15 20:37:07 MST 2010

Al,

K&N Part Number is 59-9320.  I had bought a couple (from Moss?) some
time ago thinking I would back date the 80 MGB to twin SU carbs.  Bought
the third from K&N via ebay for $57.  These have a stamped steel
housings.  K&N lists this filter for the HIF4 carb and don't have any
listings for the HS4.  If anyone near Riverside, CA has these fitted to
a tri-carb, it might be nice to stop by K&N and show them.  I'll
probably send them an email/photo.

To Chris' email: I did check with APT about fitting air horns, but they
didn't think there was enough room with the conical filter to be
effective.  I remember someone telling me about the Australian aluminum
housings at the car show at Conclave last year.  Will have to see if I
can remember who told me.

To those that have send me suggestions for the breather, thanks.  Will
let the list know what I end up with.

Cheers,

Bob