[Healeys] breather for K&N air filter

Chris Masucci csooch1 at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 20:06:45 MST 2010

Tom,

I bought K&N filters and housings from a fellow at the Carlisle Import show
in '98 or '99 that was a member of the Northeast Region Healey crew.  I
think he was big into racing Sprites.  He was a friend of Bob Bender, former
president of that part of the AHCA, who I bought my car from.  I can't
remember his name but I think he got them from a guy in Australia that had
made up a number of these cast aluminum housings, that took a conical K&N.
They have an air horn cast into the section that mounts to the carb and are
really nice.  Both aluminum parts were painted gray.

I had never and have never since seen a set like that so I bought a set for
$200, which was a LOT for me at the time.  I don't think K&N ever made
anything like this for the Healey and even when I bought them I questioned
if I could ever find a replacement filter should I need one.  Somewhere (no
idea where) I have the part number for the filter, but it won't do anyone
any good without the aluminum castings.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8