[Healeys] What color should the instrument panel be for BN1 HealeyBlue?

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Mon Mar 15 19:44:04 MST 2010

The whole thing. I found the original color under a couple of later coats of
paint. It was a match to the body color. The first time I mentioned it here
there was speculation that at the time the factory was experimenting with
color schemes. I like it that way. It extends the body color into the cockpit
and makes it seem a little bit more dated and primitive. It would probably be
a lot more expensive on an assembly line. If you were to do it to every car
the dash would have to be special to the car. If they were all the same you
could just pull from a stack of identical parts on the line. I think the black
and silver, and the single piece dash, was probably standardized as a cost
saving move. Again, this was non-metallic paint, which was a little less
common than the metallic Healey Blue.
Bill Lawrence