[Healeys] BJ 7 choke

PG britishcars at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 14 08:43:41 MST 2010

A few years ago, there was a thread on this with a solution....I used it and
it worked great.

Take two small springs (I got mine out of a couple of pens) and insert them
where the choke cables attach to the carb (one spring for each choke
cable)...in a manner that the cables push against the carb choke levers.

These springs will ensure that when you push the choke know in, the cables
push away from the lever on the carb....works like a charm.

Hard to describe but, once you look at the carb set-up, you'll see what I'm
saying.

Paul