[Healeys] 100 with DW aluminum sump-

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Mar 14 08:15:25 MST 2010

I have no experience with the DW alloy sump for the Hundred, but I recently
fitted one to a 3000. It was accompanied by a note stating that careful
removal of 1/4" of material is needed on the bottom of the oil pump pick up
tube, as the thickness of the bottom of the pan comes closer to the pick up.
They state the screen will be almost on the bottom and this clearance will
ensure adequate oil flow clearance. I was not impressed by having to mess
around with this. Therefore it would seem that the bottom inside surface of
the alloy sump is marginally shallower than stock.

Rich Chrysler