[Healeys] [Fwd: overheating BN1]

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 05:47:41 MST 2010

Take the thermatic fan off. It blocks the airflow.
I've lost count of the number of times I've seen this. Take it off.
Air can't flow through your radiator if you bolt on slow spinning fans
that block the airflow.
I once boiled a bugeye sprite at minus 5 degrees driving from
Jindabyne to Thredbo at 2.00 Am in the middle of winter. Removed the
fan on the outside of the radiator.... Problem solved.
Never overheated again.
Ask Geoff Leake. 100/4 winner in the USA v Au challenge. Boiled his
car at Bathurst, yet Cool as a cucumber in a parade. Removed the
fan....... Problem solved....
Air flow cools radiators...
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com