[Healeys] Title HIstory

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 16:51:28 MST 2010

I saw this on the DMV.CA.GOV website today, posted just last month. I don't
know how far back that data base goes, but it might provide a little bit of
past history on your Healey title. If anyone tries it let us know what you
find.
Cheers
Gary Anderson

Sacramento b The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) announced
today that its vehicle title history and brand information is now available to
consumers through the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
(NMVTIS). The database greatly improves the tracking of vehicles across state
lines for law enforcement and motor vehicle agencies. It also allows consumers
to learn about the history of a vehicle prior to making a purchase.

DMV Director George Valverde said California is supportive of NMVTIS, and
sees it as another valuable tool for consumer protection. "We are delighted
that prospective purchasers of vehicles can now access title and brand
information on the millions of updated vehicle records California provides to
the
NMVTIS database."

California is one of 31 states now participating in NMVTIS, which was
established by federal law in 1992 as a major tool to combat rampant
nationwide
vehicle theft and fraud. According to statistics released earlier this year,
1.3 million vehicles are stolen in the 50 states each year, with losses to
consumers totaling more than $8 billion. NMVTIS records are available at
http://www.vehiclehistory.gov by providing a vehicle identification number and
paying a nominal fee.

NMVTIS is operated on behalf of the U.S. Dept. of Justice by the American
Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA). Several entities are
required to regularly report information to NMVTIS, including: State motor
vehicle agencies; Insurance carriers (including some self-insuring entities);
and, auto recyclers and salvage yards.