[Healeys] Welding question

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Sun Mar 7 13:38:39 MST 2010

Steve,

It only stands to reason that bare metal welds to bare metal best.  Granted the weld will burn through the paint OK and the strength of the weld will still be good - probably very little difference.  But it only takes a few passes with a grinding wheel/wire wheel to get to metal, go ahead and have him do it.

Keith