[Healeys] healey data re:

I Erbs eyera3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 13:24:58 MST 2010

As support of the statement about vin# jumbles.
In the 70s I worked for Austin Healey Enterprises in Reseda, CA. We parted
out wrecks, and sold parts, and rebuilt cars. Moss was just starting out and
these were just funky old sports cars. I bought mine for $500.00.
We would cherry pick the best parts and build a car. We had a box of vin
plates. We would grab one that was right for the series and screw it to the
firewall. There was no interest in fraud, because we were not building fake
100s or M cars.
we were putting Healeys back on the road. Some on this list accused me of
fraud and other wrong doing, when I posted my BMHT info gleaned from my
engine. I exhausted all avenues to try and figure out the body #. I now have
an original VIN to go with my engine and will register my car as the correct
model. No fraud, just reconciling engine and body with my registration.
Many of you who complained could very likely have a car we built and tagged
for registration.
As a side note, even DMH, did not have an issue with what we were doing. he
came by the place on a number of occasions. Fred Cohen had his 100s serviced
there. Donald was just so pleased that his cars were still on the road and
that people wanted them fixed up to enjoy. I was there when these
conversations took place..

Thanks to you who wrote with support of my efforts and to you who keep the
registries and usefull web sites going.
If you are still reading:
We have decided to remove all four fenders so we can paint the backside and
the chassis underneath.
We are refitting them and the doors and will remove all and send to the
paint stripper in a couple of weeks.
We are still on target for the Eugene, OR event in June as it's coming out
party.

cheers,
BT7 6722
1960