[Healeys] Stripes/Racing stripes??????????

Fred Crowley fredcrowley at teamhealeytexas.com
Wed Mar 3 19:19:10 MST 2010

Hi Folks,

This topic is too good to just ignore, so I'm throwing in my $0.03 worth
(inflation, plus tax).

The FIA's colour schemes that were adopted/adapted over a few pints at a local
pub were supposed to represent the driver's country colours. The commonly
accepted colours can be found @

http://teamhealeytexas.com/Vintage%20FIA%20Colours/Vintage%20FIA%20Colours.ht

Racing stripes of course were for speed enhancement and improved cornering,
but mainly were used to give everyone the impression that you were a serious
race car driver and knew what you were doing. They also gave the driver
something to look at, as a little Crosley Hotshot with a 1/3 of the
displacement and horsepower went screaming past you at 50 mph.

Cheers,
 Fred
Team Healey Texas
www.teamhealeytexas.com