[Healeys] A bit of tuning advice

Martin Jansen jule_enterprisesah at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 16:20:43 MDT 2010

I would like to point out two things: It was reported the car idled fine which
would suggest there is no vacuum leak. Secondly, all welding equipment and
propane are equipped with an adjustable valve mechanism which controls the
amount of gas that is leaving the container.
I guess if you  have a hand fisted approach you probably will blow yourself
up. This is why it is called a skilled trade. I have been the auto repair
industry for over 40 years. I have seen it done countless times and done it
myself without a problem. this is one of the ways to find a vacuum leak. WD40
is a flammable substance as well. Common sense is always a necessary element
in any auto repair.
The engine is running. The fan of the engine is running theerfore the rad fan
is blowing air across the motor thus reducing the chance of pocketing
flammable gas. this type of test will take less then 15 -20 seconds to do.

Happy Healeying,   Marty  www.jule-enterprises.com