[Healeys] Motor Oil --- ZDDP

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Jun 28 02:45:42 MDT 2010

Greg
Did you run the compression test with a cold engine?, that should
explain the rising readings as more oil will then deposited on the
bores/rings, making a better seal . Repeat with a hot engine and compare.
Jet black oil is caused by blow by of the burned fuel gasses passing the
cilinder bores/pistons.
Oli pressure seems a bit low, one would expect 50psi+ on a healthy
engine, but I am not sure what the specs are on these engines.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL