[Healeys] SOS oil pressure issues
allen100m at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 05:39:51 MDT 2010
Thanks to all of you for your help. I thought it might be a good idea to list all the possibilities and post them to the Forum so that there is a useful checklist for fixing the issues. Here are your inputs, all of which bear investigation. If anyone else has another suggestion, I will include that as well in a post to the Healey Forum (which I am learning to use after a few years of unblissful ignorance it exists).
1. prime the pump by all means possible (through top filler in rocker, through oil pressure gauge port, or by pumping under pressure through the external oil lines, etc.
2. purge oil lines leading to and from oil cooler of air
3. check for blockages in galleries
4. ensure builder put back any end plugs to oil galleries
5. make sure drive spindle is in place for oil pump; verify pump engaged with cam gearing
6. ensure spin on adapter is upside-up
7. pray to Lucas, bastard child of Vulcan and Venus
I am sure one or all of the above will help
More information about the Healeys