[Healeys] trans oil

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Jun 12 05:35:49 MDT 2010

There should be no problem using 20w50 engine oil. Several car
manufacturers specify it for there gearbox and or O/D gearbox i.e.
Sunbeam, Jensen Healey.
Changing oil on a regular basis in manual gearboxes is paramount as you
will always have some swarf from the synchro's and the occasional
grinding the gears in reverse.
I still do not understand the present practice in new cars never to
change the gearbox oil, often there is not even a drain plug present.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL