[Healeys] The prince of darkness

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 9 15:42:45 MDT 2010

Lucas (now Goodrich?) supplies engine control systems for some of our
aircraft engines (Rolls-Royce).  Several years ago I gave a "warm beer"
bumper sticker to a controls engineer, who put it up in his cubicle.
Needless to say, a memo came out shortly thereafter about displaying any
material that might cast a bad light on any of our suppliers.

I watched an episode of "Wheeler-Dealers" yesterday. It's a UK
television series on Discovery's HD Theater.  They buy a classic car,
fix it up, and sell it.  In yesterday's episode, they bought a C4
Corvette and they had some fun bashing the American electrics (dash and
pop-up headlights).  A different point of view ...

Cheers,
Bob