[Healeys] I thought that this was amusing - NO LBC CONTENT

robertduquette at sympatico.ca robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 5 08:45:56 MDT 2010

I was driving out of the urban area into the rural area and the speed limit
gradually increases.  It seems to be too slow for the environment, so the
traffic usually moves much faster.  There was a construction zone that had a
section of road redone last year and this year they are just landscaping
around it.

I was minutely ( 82 in an 80 zone ) over the speed limit as I approached a
construction worker standing at the side of the road behind his pickup truck
holding a "slow" sign.  I was confused a bit and asking myself 'why' as I
approached, as there was no construction work in progress evident.  But, I
though perhaps there would be a sudden change as I drove over the crest of a
hill.  So, I do slow way down.  So, I got to the crest of the hill and nothing
was apparent for miles.  Being somewhat slow to catch on, I figured that
perhaps the guy forgot to go home when the rest of the crew left.  I hadn't
gone far when, I noticed a police car, hidden behind a hedge facing the road.
He must not have been getting much business what with the guy standing on the
other side of the crest directing traffic to slow down.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )
1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )
1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen )

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg