[Healeys] New Top Fitment

Charley Braum cbaustin at verizon.net
Tue Jun 1 19:33:47 MDT 2010

    I just purchased a Bugeye tonneau cover through 'topsonline.com'. It
took a bit longer than I figured for delivery - about 5 weeks.

    Turns out it is a Robbins product, in their box with all their
paperwork. The piece was shipped from 'Vic's Upholstery' with an address
very near to Robbins'.

    The instructions clearly said that the turn fastener anchors were
'installed', I assumed that would be to make the location of the other
fasteners a bit easier. WRONG.

    After numerous communications with Doug Robbins, including faxing
the (Robbins) instruction sheet back to him for review, I find out that;

             None of the 'fasteners' are 'installed' (contrary to their
own instructions),
             All Robbins tops and tonneaus are to be installed by a
recommended 'professional'.

    It took about two weeks of various e-mails and faxes to get to that
point.

    In addition, the slots for the rear hold-downs (the metal bar sewn
into the pocket) are cut wrong and Doug's response was "Well, sometimes
things have to be modified to fit a particular car".

    Vic's response (he was copied on all the communications) was

    The tonneau is very well made and, after consulting with my 'local
professional' I'm sure it will fit and look good. Of course at that
'extra expense' not figured into the original project.

    Be careful out there,

   CB