[Healeys] Not Healey - Triumph TR6 Master Cylinder

Peter Linn greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jun 1 14:18:08 MDT 2010

G'day Jonas

I've had the same problem on my BN1 (drum brakes) Seems it's possible for
air to be drawn in past the master cylinder end seal when you release the
pedal having closed the bleed nipple (don't know if TR6 is same design) The
way I eventually got a pedal was (a) make sure bleed tube is full of fluid
and goes upwards from nipple (b) instead of closing the bleed nipple after
down stroke, wait until bubbles have risen far enough up the tube not to get
sucked back in, then release pedal. This way fluid gets drawn back into
cylinder/caliper rather than air elsewhere in the system. Air can also get
sucked in via the threads on the bleed nipple, so I use Ezybleed sealant on
the standard nipple threads.I've also found that the old "snake oil" remedy
of jamming the pedal down hard overnight works!

CHeers

Peter Linn
Brisbane Oz