[Healeys] Two more BJ8 parts

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Jul 30 08:29:44 MDT 2010

You may try to have them sprayed with chrome paint. First they need a
gentle bead blast to get rid of the decay, then prime, fill, sand, fill
again, sand again, prime again a.i. and have the chrome paint applied
followed by a clear coat.
I never believed before this could work but I have seen irreplaceable
items come back to life this way and they look fabulous. You cannot
distinguish them from real chrome except for the feel. Chromed parts are
cold to the touch, these chrome painted items feel warm to the touch
like powder coated items.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com wrote:
> Oh yes, if one has a nice original driver or passenger side door handle for
> BT7, BN7 or BJ7 I am willing to pay double (tripple or even more) the price of
> a new one. A rechromable would do, with no zinc cancer and no cracks in the
> inside corners of the escutcheon. I have about 10 at home. All are beyond
> repair.
>
> Josef Eckert
> Konigswinter/Germany

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]