[Healeys] Two more BJ8 parts

Rick Huber hubrick at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 05:48:22 MDT 2010

Last week's note was so successful I think I'll go to the well one more
time.

I just sent back the driver's side door handle,  Moss Part No 021-729, for
BJ7 and Phase I BJ8, because there were two significant nicks on it.  The
passenger side handle is installed, but it doesn't fit well, the handle
doesn't match the curvature of the door.  So I'm going for nice used.  My
original handle is broken. Does anyone have a very nice original driver's
side door handle they're willing to part with?

I made the mistake of sending my dash switch bezel, Moss Part No 633-800,
the LHD with Overdrive, to be rechromed, and as I could have expected, the
chroming process has partially obliterated some of the letters on the front
of the plate.  First question is can this be remedied - i.e. is there away
to get back the sharpness of the letters now that the chrome has gotten down
into the grooves?  If not, second question does anybody have a nice original
bezel they're willing to part with?  New one's are only $44.95, but I'm
concerned that a new one won't be as nice as an original.

The good news is that we installed the windshield and the passenger side
vent window on my BJ8 yesterday, and it's looking fantastic.

Cheers,
Rick