[Healeys] Healey Fuel Odors (BJ8 Exhaust System)

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 08:43:11 MDT 2010

My car is right hand drive which helps with side pipe versus noise
issues...for the driver anyhow.
I took the twin rear pipes off the silencer. I then made up a very precise,
full scale, plan of a right-angled twin pipe which mounted on the rear of
the silencer, swung through 90 degrees and exited at the side. I took a lot
of time and trouble with the measurements. I then had a local guy fashion
the real thing in stainless. We were lucky and it fitted first time.
It's secure and tight. Looks right and can be swapped back to the original
in no time. And it cost #50:00 which is nothing compared to the outrageous
cost of the normal offering which is silencer and right angled pipes all in
one piece.
Of course, I only presume that it'll fit the next silencer that I buy!!!**?
However, it does help with grounding issues which are inevitable on our
little bumpy Devon lanes.
It wasn't difficult and anyone, who access to competent help, could do it.
Simon