[Healeys] Fuel odors

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Thu Jul 29 06:25:33 MDT 2010

You might be right.  I have had the gas smell in my E-Type for quite some time and cannot find the source.  My next move is to remove the tank ( a MAJOR task) and see if it is intact under it.

Tom

---- Alan Seigrist <healey.nut at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Frederich -

Quite possibly pinhole leaks under the gas tank.  Very common problem as the
metal tank sits right on top of the boot floor, causing a perfect trap for
water.

When you open the boot does it smell like fuel?

Alan

Healeys at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75