[Healeys] gas smell

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Wed Jul 28 20:55:12 MDT 2010

a club member has a BT7 that he said smelled of gas when he drove it and wanted me to take a look at it.  i drove it and did not smell gas while driving, but at idle i did smell it.  investigation revealed most of the grommets missing and various vents into cockpit.  i told him to get those fixed and we would check it again.  that was a few years ago and i am not sure the task has been completed, but i am not sure this would cure the problem. could not see any leaks anywhere, so am just guessing at cause.  hjim