[Healeys] still too hot...

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Wed Jul 28 10:09:29 MDT 2010

Hi Bob.  I run generally at 190, but my point was an occasional peak to 212
isn't going to harm your car.  If that were the case, it seems they would make
212 the "peg" point on the gauge.  My Jeep runs all the time at 212-215 and
that is smack in the middle of the normal range.

I am fortunate to have a healthy cooling system on the Healey, but, anyone who
has a Healey will know that 212 is not unusual in hot weather--esp S&G traffic
when the temp is in the 90's.

I do agree that a constant 212 is not normal and indicates a problem
somewhere.

Regards
tom

---- Robert Blair <rnbmail at yahoo.com> wrote:

Tom.  A joke maybe?

Water boils at 212F [under normal pressure].  if you are showing 212 it is too
hot and outside the design spec for the motor on a long term  basis.
Indicative of a cooling system problem.  As you see, most folks run at 190 in
hot weather with a healthy cooling system.

Robert N. BlairB  Yellow 65BJ8B  RNBmail at yahoo.com