[Healeys] PCV valve- from Pep Boys

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 12:14:05 MDT 2010

After three unanswered e-mails to a supplier about the PCV kit, I decided to
try and make my own for my Tri-carb.  From Pep Boys: Purolator valve PV770
$4.79. Brass Tite fitting #43075 $1.99.  The PCV valve fits nicely inside the
hose that comes off the top of the valve cover.  I did rough up with sandpaper
the end of the valve that goes into the hose and apply a bit of gasket sealer
(non hardening), and clamped it with a hose clamp.  Took it for a drive and it
ran great.  It MAY have eliminated/ reduced the timing cover oil leak that I
have been having issues with. Also seemed like less engine smell (fuel/ oil)-
but it may just be in my head.

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1964 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."