[Healeys] still too hot...

John O'Brien banjojohn at cox.net
Sun Jul 25 13:04:37 MDT 2010

Perhaps this is not related at all to your problem, but when I bought my BJ8
in '01, I didn't notice that the PO had removed the air deflector assembly
from the front of the radiator.  I never noticed any problem until I set off
on a cross country drive across Iowa on a hot July day.  I got 40 or 50
miles from home, and it began overheating terribly.  It took the rest of the
day to nurse it back home, driving short distances and stopping to refill
the radiator.  I ordered and installed the air deflector assembly and I
never have an overheating problem.  Without that in place, the air flows
around the radiator rather that through it.
John O'Brien
'61 bugeye
'65 BJ8