[Healeys] Overheating Healey

Frederich Ficke jagwarman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 09:41:00 MDT 2010

I have a bj8 as well that has heating issues as well but mine is in traffic.
I run the texas cooler and it helps a great deal on the highway however not
worth much in town.
Some things I found were electric fans only really work well when you
install it behind the radiator a a pull fan with a sensor to turn it on and
off. Also you have to remove the water pump fan or it works against the
electric fan. But the good side is you gain power when you remove the water
pump fan. I often wondered about mounting a fan under the engine sump to
remove the heat from the engine compartment cause this is part of the
problem. Next problem is don't trust your gauge they are almost always off
showing the car to run hot.
The fans withe s shaped blades tend to draw more air as well.
Hopefully this may help some of you.