[Healeys] still too hot...

Ron Mitchell healeyron at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 07:10:02 MDT 2010

From: Dave <61healeybn7 at gmail.com>
To: Ron Mitchell <healeyron at yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, July 24, 2010 3:40:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] still too hot...
Ron,
Where did you get the rad re-cored?  Somewhere in Michigan?
Thanks,
Dave M.
BN7
Commerce Twp.
******************************
Dave,

I had the
Radiator recored at a shop in Burton Michigan.  I won't state the name
of the
shop for fear someone will go there.  I wouldn't recommend him.  I picked
up
the Radiator the day before leaaving for Vermont.  When installing it that
afternoon I noticed the the header tank had some irregularities that were'nt
there when I took it to him.  Come to find out that there were some severe
dents
in the header tank that he had filled with bondo sanded and painted it
Black.
Upon trying to install it I found that the core was twisted and I
could only
install the top two fasteners and one lower one.  The other side
of the Rad was
twisted an inch out of alignment.  I had that fixed today when
it was reversed
flushed.  The shop I was at today is 4 Seasons Radiator
Repair in Madison
Heights, Michigan.  They come highly recommended.  I was
impressed with their
service today.  I took the Rad to them at 10:00 AM and
walked out with it
repaired an flushed at 10:30.  Their price to recore my
BN6 Rad with a promise
of no damage to the header tank is $195 out the door.
Forty dollars cheaper
than the other shop in Burton charged me 5 years ago.
Ron Mitchell