[Healeys] still too hot...

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 08:06:16 MDT 2010

Jeff -

I had one of those fans on my BJ8 many years ago and removed it because it
restricted airflow while driving.  It caused my car to run hot.  The big
pancake motor is what kills the airflow.

If you really want an electric fan, you should install a high powered fan
with high CFMs, do your research.  Generally speaking I find SPAL fans to be
the best in the market.  I have SPAL fans on my A90 and my Jag Mk IX and
they both run very cool.  My 100 doesn't need a fan and my BJ8 is fairly
well sorted w/o an extra fan.

The kenlow fans and the others that are marketed to the healey community are
mostly crap.

Alan