[Healeys] BT7

Charley Braum cbaustin at verizon.net
Fri Jul 23 11:22:44 MDT 2010

    I know that dealing with Robbins support staff is less than satisfactory.

    If you do end up with a Robbins top/tonneau, be aware that they come
(sometimes) with incorrect instruction sheets that are superseded by the
printed admonition that you MUST have a 'professional' install the piece.

    I have had several conversations directly with Doug Robbins and best I can
say is that I was less than impressed.

    I ordered my last tonneau (Bugeye) from topsonline.com and the piece was
shipped from 'Vic's Upholstery' in a Robbins box with Robbins documentation. I
think Vic's is the job-shop for Robbins.

    As you might have gathered by now, I got no satisfaction from anyone
involved other than the 'professional installer' who is an acquaintance that
happens to be in the business. He knows Robbins and echoed all of my remarks.
My tonneau needed some mods to make it fit correctly and additionally has two
flaps sewn in that do not belong and can't be removed.

    Good luck,

               CB