[Healeys] Oil in distributor body

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Jul 22 15:10:00 MDT 2010

These distributors may have a seal just in the bottom of the "cup",
below the weights. During assembly, this oil seal can get easily damaged
by the hole in the drive shaft for the pin to hold the drive dog..
Another problem with reconditioned units is the spiral grove that may be
present in the distributor shaft to pump back the oil passing. If the
original distributor had a shaft with a spiral grove, this can have been
replaced with a shaft without grove or a spiral grove wound the wrong
way, pumping up oil.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL